Saturday, September 26, 2009

September 26, 2009

I have been reminded by my friend, Bill(6), that I am not keeping up with my blog. OOPS!! Also, he wonders if our travels are as interesting without them....maybe, maybe not!!

Tuesday, they left us to start back to TX. So sorry to see them go. We stayed around the campground to do laundry and clean house.

Wednesday, once again we headed for Salt Lake City but this time to go see the Great Salt Lake.....okay, it's a lake. I don't know what I was expecting but whatever it was, I didn't see it! However, it was very interesting to see where they mine the salt out of the lake........huge mounds of salt.

Thursday, we went to the Museum of Natural History in Dephi, UT. It was a very nice small museum. A lot of UT history. Also, did a little more driving thru beautiful Aspen trees. Then home to start getting things ready to head South tomorrow.

Friday, the first thing was to see if we could locate our mail. It was to have been in Provo by the 23rd...okay USPS where is it? It was scanned into Houston but is now in oblivion. The advice from USPS is to put in a change of address.....what??? Could explain why our postal system is always in the red! Oh well, one of these days it will catch up with us. As planned, we headed South. We found a great campground in Beaver, UT. Each site has a covered picnic table with sitting area plus a fire ring. Family run and everyone is SO friendly plus they have a restaurant.

Saturday, we toured Fishlake NF, Bryce Canyon and Zion NP. The drive thru Fishlake is breathtaking. The Aspens are in full color....yellows, gold and red. WOW!! Then onto Bryce Canyon. Because I still can't do any hiking, Bryce Canyon was not as spectacular. Not disappointed by not overly impressed. We saved the best for last....Zion is worth seeing over and over!!!! Still no hiking but the view from the truck was wonderful. We traveled about 300 miles today....glad we took CoCoa since we were gone so long.

Pictures will have to wait because I froze my computer and Mike's is so slow. Do you think it was the 900 pictures I was trying to download?

No comments: