Thursday, May 20, 2010

And the answer is........

We finally got the answer to the question...what is fish production....lots of work~!!! Cleaning the raceways, feeding the fish (several times a day), fish count, etc. Wednesday Mike helped deliver a load of fish to the Daniel Boone National Forrest. 3 hours of driving to the forrest, 2 hours unloading fish and 3 hours driving home. Doesn't sound like it but it is fun!!! Next week I am going on the fish run to Fort Knox.

We had a group of about 100 second graders visit the hatchery today. I love working with the kids...they have such a fun outlook on everything. The boys focused on the dead fish and the girls just wanted to feed the fish!!!

The VC has a descented skunk (Squirt)....so far, I have helped give him a bath and walk him around the VC. I have no problem with any of the creatures EXCEPT the snake...I don't do snakes!!!! As far as I am concerned, the only good snake is a dead snake.

We'll see what new adventures await us tomorrow!!!

No comments: