Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 21, 2011

This has been a very trying 2 days. My 94 year old mom fell and broke her hip. Thank goodness she had moved to a retirement complex a month ago....I think God was watching over her. Things would have been so much worse had she fallen while still living alone in Brackettville. I will be flying back to Austin for a few days to help get things settled.

So far, so good here in ME. We've met with Elaine and Shirley concerning our jobs here....nice ladies that will be easy to work with. We went to dinner with
Fran and Don, the other workamper couple. Have had some really great sea food....no lobster yet but great clam chowder. Now if we can get the weather to cooperate everything will be good!!!!

One funny (at least to us Central Texans) thing happened yesterday. My phone was giving me some problems so off we go to the Verizon store.....15/20 minutes away....in New Hampshire.....WOW!!! Another state????

No comments: